Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Personal injury













One of the daunting things about scanning our late father's collection of slides is not the vastness of the project (a large suitcase packed tight with mounted Kodachromes) but the prospect of what might be uncovered. Such as these shots of Simon after walking into a post on the veranda of 18 Denham Place while looking at the moon. Dad liked a complete record of his children's activities, and that included full documentation of their injuries. With pictures.

Simon's bewildered expression probably has less to do with the injury than 'Why is Daddy taking a photograph of me?'













I haven't got to the hilarious shots of me with a box thorn through my foot. Nor have I got to the end of the slides, or anywhere approaching it. However I did get to 'The END'.

No comments:

Post a Comment